Law of The Plainsman 1959 - 1960
Law of The Plainsman is a Western television series starring Michael Ansara that aired on the NBC television network from October 1, 1959, until May 5, 1960. The character of Native American U.S. Marshal Sam Buckhart was introduced in two episodes ("The Indian" and "The Raid") of the popular ABC Western television series The Rifleman starring Chuck Connors as Lucas McCain.
Law of The Plainsman is distinctive in that it was one of the few television programs that featured a Native American as the lead character. Ansara had earlier appeared in the series Broken Arrow, having portrayed the Apache chief, Cochise. Ansara, however, was not Native American but of Syrian descent.
Ansara played Sam Buckhart, an Apache Indian who saved the life of a U.S. Cavalry officer after an Indian ambush. When the officer died, he left Sam money that was used for an education at private schools and Harvard University. After school, he returned to New Mexico where he became a Deputy Marshal working for Marshal Andy Morrison, played by Dayton Lummis (1903-1988) and living in a boarding house run by Martha Commager, played by Nora Marlowe. The only other continuing cast member was 8-year old Tess Logan, played by Gina Gillespie, who was an orphan who had been rescued by Buckhart. Robert Harland, later of Target: The Corruptors! starred in seven episodes as Deputy Billy Lordan.
* Chris Alcaide appeared three times, including the role of Charlie Wolf in "Blood Trails" (1960).
* Jean Allison appeared twice.
* John Anderson appeared three times.
* Richard Anderson
* Lane Bradford
* Paul Carr
* Roberto Contreras appeared twice.
* Richard Devon
* Paul Fix
* William Fawcett
* Dabbs Greer
* Ray Kellogg appeared twice.
* Jess Kirkpatrick appeared twice.
* Scott Marlowe as Clancy Jones in the episode "The Show-Off"
* Tyler McVey as Marshal Penrose in "The Imposter"
* John Milford appeared twice.
* Gene Nelson
* J. Pat O'Malley appeared twice.
* Michael Pate
* Joseph V. Perry appeared twice
* Denver Pyle
* Robert F. Simon as Frank Keller in the episode "The Gibbet"
* Hope Summers
* Wayne Tucker appeared three times.
* Lee Van Cleef
* Robert Vaughn appeared twice.
* Peter Whitney appeared three times.
* Robert J. Wilke
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - www.en.wikipedia.org